Search This Blog

Wednesday

Cold and Foggy Afternoon

After our exam in FST 147 - Principles of Product and Process Development, we noticed that the ground in front our college, CSM, was covered with fog. Everyone then shouted "Korea", all dreaming that we're in Korea and experiencing the "foggy feeling" and the when-you-speak-the-fog-comes-out-from-your-mouth-feeling. We took some evidences, thinking also that we'd capture some orbs around. Unfortunately, we were not able to find one.





We made our way to the Admin building by means of walking, and even the Kanluran road was filled with fog. We even heard someone talking, "Fog siya pero baho'g aso." (It's really fog, but it smells like smoke.) When we reached the Admin building, Carla and I waited for our cell members to come, while my other classmates went ahead to the C5 building to prepare for their Navigators Nite. Sadly, they were not able to come since they had to do something, so we decided to attend the Nav Nite. It was a good decision, I must say, since it made me go back to this verse:

2 Corinthians 5:17 (New International Version)
17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Where did I meet this verse? Encounter. Ooh, my mind was gradually filled with the memories that I had during the retreat. I am a new creation. I am a new creation. And I think that I should implant that verse on all corners of my brain. I always commit mistakes, sins, etc even if I have already encountered God. But you know what? Thanks to my daily reading of the Bible, God told me this:


1 Samuel 12:20 (New International Version)

 20 "Do not be afraid," Samuel replied. "You have done all this evil; yet do not turn away from the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart.

Most of us, after committing sins, rather that confessing and repenting, we hide ourselves from Him. Some of of us don't want to commit their lives to Him thinking that committing sin is inevitable. Yes, it's inevitable, but hey, should we allow this fact to stop us? This is where our faith should come in. Despite everything, everything, every difficult circumstance, we move forward. We know that God is beside us if we repent and confess our sins. It's inevitable but the God's love is unfailing. Remember the word unfailing.

As for me, aside from the verses above, I wouldn't want to forget this verse:


Acts 20:24 (New International Version)
24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.



P.S. Stick to people who can increase your faith. Thanks friends, thanks Super Hammers, thanks BCC family, thank you.














No comments: