Search This Blog

Wednesday

Morning Session with my Rock


 
There are times that we lack the courage to take another step, times when we fear to move into the next level. You’re maybe thinking about your current situation in your home, or perhaps in school where your classmates think that you’re that type of i-gotta-get-all-the-1.0s-in-the-world person, or even at work where your workmates think that you’re the boss’ pet. 

Today is October 28 and the month’s about to end. I remembered my last Youth Reload Cafe (if you’re wondering what this thing is, well, it’s a Christian gathering, or party ‘yay’, to celebrate and know more about God and to empower us, especially on our spiritual side) for cell leaders last October 13, which reminded me of going to the next level. We were challenged to do many things such as having n x 2, where n = current number of cell groups, cell groups, and so on. At this very point of time, after assessing myself, I haven’t actually gone to the level that I am supposed to be at.
 
Yes, I managed to graduate on my Post-Encounter class and I believe that’s already a big thing. But on the other aspects of my life: academics, cell group, my being a disciple, a son to my family, a friend, on my finances and time, and so on, my feet seemed to be immobilized by a magnet. What is this magnet? Fear.
 
When we climb to reach the top of the mountain, we experience varying environments. As we increase our altitude, the more problems we would encounter such as the change in temperature, pressure, oxygen availability, and many more, which could really result to fatal conditions. Not only that, huge amount of energy would really be needed to reach the top of the mountain. Those are what I am afraid of, the consequences of my actions.
 
To be in the next level means a different environment, i.e. an environment with more problems and trials. After graduating my post-encounter class, I realized that that wasn’t the end of the process; I still need to enrol on the School of Leaders class, which they say has more requirements and a lot difficult compared to the Post-Encounter class. Not only that, Satan would really strengthen his plans to beat me down by using my family perhaps to stop me from continuing the process, or making me busy in my academic life next semester to forget about evangelism or devotion. And, what most Christians fear of: persecution. Increasing the number of my cell groups means that I would need to meet more people, who could possibly persecute me or what. My father is even back in persecuting me. Perhaps some of my friends already think that I’m delusional, when I send them godly messages.
 

But I already anticipated these things to happen.
 
“In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted...”(2 Timothy 3:12).
 
Yes, living a life as a Christian is hard. The consequences are to be feared of. But is this my fight? No. It’s His fight. I may have this fear, but because I’m under the grace of God, I believe I can do all of these things. People may think that I’m delusional, but let’s see who gets delusional when death comes. I may have fear inside my heart, but because of His overwhelming love, I feel secured. After all these things I said, though it’s a bit scary, but let’s see where my faith can take me. I want to keep my faith and fight the good fight. I will obey everything that He commands me to do, for faith is next to obedience. Let’s see where He is heading my life. It’s time to denature fear, and learn trust.
 
“But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry” (2 Timothy 4:5). Time to start the evangelism.
 
By the way, this should be a 2:18 am post.

1 comment:

Blessy said...

i love the last paragraph. sa tinood lang na encourage ko jordan. salamat. let's fight.