Search This Blog

Monday

Finally back to blogging.

I wonder why I missed blogging. 

Perhaps the mere essence of writing made my fingers feel itchy. Perhaps my brain could no longer hold the information that are neither important nor unnecessary. Perhaps I finally realized that science sucks. Or not.

This afternoon, after unloading my things in the boarding house, I received a bad news. We are to remove our things from the house on October 15, else, we will have to pay Php 750.00, or that is equivalent to a month's rent. The owner of the house was angry because the house was really, really messy, (I, too, must admit. that the house was a mess - CR, kitchen area, dining area). Based on the person's statement, I am kicked out of the house, for a couple time and would eventually be allowed to go back during the start of the second semester. I felt devastated; four reasons:


1) This was not included in the plan. I planned my week to be fine, just enjoying the solitude inside my room and having enough time to spend time with God. I expected to just stay there this week and just be excellent in my studying habits.
2) They didn't tell me in advance. Yes, they're the owner of the house. But should they inform us ahead of time for us to prepare? And this week is final's week, i.e. make or break week for some of us. Yet, they're dispatching us this week, the week when we should really, really focus in our academic life. Too little time to prepare.
3) The fine is not fine. If you were to extend and stay there for a couple of days, say 3, days, still you would have to pay Php 750.00. And geez, they forgot that we're students.
4) My room felt the terror of Bagyong Ondoy and Peping. Water entered my room through the windows and wet my bed and many papers. I forgot to close the windows but I never thought that the water would really penetrate inside my room. 

But, nevertheless, I packed all my things with enthusiasm and without grumbling. Thank God I had my devotion today; excerpts are as follows:
Command - Philippians 2:3-4, 2:14-15
3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.  

   

14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation."
Promise - Philippians 2:15
       Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky.
I cleaned my room and disinfected it. Thank God my devotional notebook was not wet by the rain. The event tested me but I can say that it changed me. It made me hold on to God's promise and made me a better person. I enjoyed cleaning and doing good things. But one thing's not changed: I'd still transfer to another boarding house for I no longer liked to stay there.  



2 comments:

Maryaribekah said...

hi jordz! =) nalipai jud q wen i saw u following my blogs. and mas nalipay pud q wen i saw ur blogsite na mura nag testi page! weeeeh! buti na lang u did ur devotionals ds morning, it made ur heart (and ur mouth!) so guarded.

keep the fire burning, jordz! and welcome back to the world of blogging!

Louis Jordan Pombo said...

haha. lage. grabe jud kaau ang pagmold ni God sa ako nowadays. unsa kaya ang iyang ihatag sa ako. exciting lage. multitudes jud ni ba. hehe. salamat sa pagfollow ate bek! ingats and God bless! :)